It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 am

Nook Readers

Lost Your Nook Color Charging Cable? No Problem!

All discussion and support for Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, and Nook Classic.

Lost Your Nook Color Charging Cable? No Problem!

Postby tommymac » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm

I've been a proud owner of a Nook Color for nearly two years and I can't tell you how many times I've lost or damaged the charger. As fellow owners will be able to attest, the life of one's Nook Color revolves around the proprietary charger.

Well, I lost my charger again after letting my Nook Color sit idle for a few months. There was no way I was going to drop yet another $25 on a charger if I could help it. So, I plugged in a standard mini-USB charger and.....after a VERY long wait. The Nook Color charged! It was slow, but, it worked.

Good thing to know just in case you're in a pinch.
tommymac

Re: Lost Your Nook Color Charging Cable? No Problem!

Postby Neelofar1334 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for the tip!

The charger for the Nook Color really sucks in terms of holding up for a long period of time. I haven't lost/damaged my charger yet, but it's really not holding up well even though it just sits there doing nothing. I think they should create chargers that last longer because the life span is ridiculously short.
Neelofar1334

Postby tommymac » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 pm

And, I think that's the main problem with the Nook Color. The charging cable was so darn fragile. I busted two of them within the course of a year because it always fails just below the "square" where the wires twirl in.

I don't think I need to remind Nook Color owners that ONLY the proprietary charging cable will allow you to access the internal Nook memory
tommymac

Postby Jane_Reader » Tue May 06, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks for the info, I was actually wondering if that would work but I hadn't tried it yet. My charger isn't holding up too well, I can't imagine the mini-USB working any worse than the actual Nook chargers do...
Jane_Reader

Postby flad264 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Wow this is a really amazing tip. I have never thought about that. I have lost my charger a few times but luckily each time I was able to find it back each time.

Once again thanks for the tip!
flad264

Postby Livvy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for this! It's amazing how many jerryrigging can go into regular technology, even though we're supposedly so advanced these days
Livvy

Postby danielledavidson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:09 am

I'm sure that another place you would be able to find one would be Amazon or eBay. The one that my sister had broke, and then she went out and spent all that money on a charger, and then it didn't even work. I'm not sure if it's the tablets fault or the charger though. She could have saved a ton of money if she just got one online. Sometimes shopping online you can find better deals.
danielledavidson

Return to Nook Readers