It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Kindle Forum

Amazon Coins

Discussions about the Amazon Kindle, comparisons, and all trash talk goes here.

Amazon Coins

Postby tommymac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Looks like Amazon is pushing through with their own virtual currency for the Kindle and for their own App store. And, in order to kick start their virtual economy, Amazon will be giving away Amazon Coins.

Developers will need to be prepared to handle Amazon Coins by April 25th
tommymac

Re: Amazon Coins

Postby Neelofar1334 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

I wonder how successful it'll be. I don't understand why they would utilize "Amazon Coins" when they could just deal with actual money, unless there are special ways where you can get free coins. What do you think about the idea?
Neelofar1334

Postby ctfranklin28 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am

Actually, to be frankly honest, this does sound stupid almost every time I hear it. I think Amazon is trying to go along with the Facebook currency thing ( I could be wrong). I don't like (as you can probably tell). I don't want fake money with Amazon, I want to deal with real money and virtual money on Facebook!
ctfranklin28

Postby pipps1993 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 am

I think this is an interesting idea and I can't wait to see what happens with it. I wonder what the benefits are for customers and when will amazon coins be released to the public?

Personally, I am not a fan of the idea so far but it could work out better for customers and us. But I just don't like the idea of having to exchange my real money for Amazon coins so I can buy a book.

But I think this would be a good idea for kids. You could reward them with Amazon coins and then they could buy books. I know not all kids will like that but I would've loved that as a child. I had a huge closet full of books.
pipps1993

Postby Livvy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:11 pm

I haven't heard anything about this. Did they discontinue it or something? Or maybe they just didn't go through with it at all in the end.
Livvy

Postby thatnewmommy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 am

Someone please explain to me WHY Amazon coins? Why not real money? Is it that they will have a way for you to earn coins without investing your real money? Maybe through actions like leaving reviews or something? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
Crafter, Artisan, Baker, Designer, Homeschooler, Blogger and best of all...Stay-At-Home-Mom Extraordinaire!!! ;o)
www.thatnewmommy.com
thatnewmommy

Postby danielledavidson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm

That seems weird that they are doing that now. I mean I don't use Amazon that much, so it's doesn't matter much to me. I just think that it's a little weird. What do you use the coins for and how do you earn them? I mean I'm sure that it would be cool, so I don't know if I would use it.
danielledavidson

Return to Kindle Forum