It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Kindle Forum

Kindle Paperwhite (for Kids)

Discussions about the Amazon Kindle, comparisons, and all trash talk goes here.

Kindle Paperwhite (for Kids)

Postby tess pfeif » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Kindle Paperwhite would make a great back-to-school "gift" (because, who doesn't need a gift when they have been taken from sweet, sweet summer and shoved back into school!, haha).

There are thousands of great books to be accessed, including books that may be required throughout the year, depending on their age. Student-age children can also get a discount on books (which is a win-win). Kindle Paperwhite, which lacks picture books or comic books, may be a great way to push your kids into reading more "adult" or "age appropriate" books.

It is light weight (less than 8 ounces) and can be carried conveniently in a backpack for school, an overnight bag for a friend/family visit, and more! There are also cases and "skins" available for extra protection.

Kindle FreeTime (a new-ish feature) also allows the parent to created personalized profiles for the kids (and even allot them books from your collection). You can set goals and track their achievements and badges!\

If you are a looking for an e-Reader for your child, I think this would work the best!
tess pfeif

Re: Kindle Paperwhite (for Kids)

Postby thatnewmommy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:56 am

I dont know about the Kindle. I havent been able to get one in my hands, but if it's anything like the Ipad, I wouldnt feel comfortable with kids using it. They seem very lightweight and easily damaged for kids to have. LOL Maybe because the kids I know are a little too rowdy but I prefer kids tough tablets for kids.
Crafter, Artisan, Baker, Designer, Homeschooler, Blogger and best of all...Stay-At-Home-Mom Extraordinaire!!! ;o)
www.thatnewmommy.com
thatnewmommy

Return to Kindle Forum