[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Kindle - Nook Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:37 am

Kindle Forum

Kindle

Discussions about the Amazon Kindle, comparisons, and all trash talk goes here.

Kindle

Postby ipmillar9937 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I remember i used to have a kindle, with the nice $70 leather case with the built in light. One day, i fell asleep while reading it in bed and, when i woke up, i put my hand down to sit up and i heard a crack. i immediatley new what happened. I had cracked my screen. I was pretty annoyed with myself. I sent it to amazon, and for a small fee, got it replaced. I then broke that one within afew months i don't even remember how. Then my brother gave me his old nook, and that thing's lasted for much longer.
ipmillar9937

Re: Kindle

Postby pipps1993 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 am

Wow, you seem to lots of bad luck with the kindle. I'm sorry to hear that. I have had mine for quite sometime now and it's still looks like brand new. I fall asleep in bed with mine all the time and so far, no cracks. I've even stood on it by accident. I would look a nook though. I've always been a little intrigued by them but as far as reading in the sun goes. The kindle is the winner and I do most of my reading outside in the sun.
pipps1993

Postby Livvy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Yikes, did you ever consider investing in a more study case for the thing?

Or...not falling asleep with it in bed? :P
Livvy

Postby dustysmommy2013 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't see the point of getting a Kindle. A Kindle can do all the same things my Nook does. Now that my Nook is running the Android system, I can get all the apps too. Whenever I am in the market for a new tablet (which I don't see being anytime soon), I will of course compare prices and all that jazz. Right now though, my Nook is chugging right along and serves all my needs.
dustysmommy2013

Postby Livvy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Livvy

Postby dustysmommy2013 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:44 pm

dustysmommy2013

Postby Livvy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Livvy

Postby thatnewmommy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:19 am

I am so sorry that happened. I love my NookColor. She may be a little old but she is super sturdy. I've fallen asleep with her, and have had her smack my face. LOLOL But now I cosleep with a toddler so I dont do that. But that ereader has been one of the best things I've had. And the case is sturdy and wasnt that expensive. B&N all the way! LOL
Crafter, Artisan, Baker, Designer, Homeschooler, Blogger and best of all...Stay-At-Home-Mom Extraordinaire!!! ;o)
www.thatnewmommy.com
thatnewmommy

Postby danielledavidson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Wow that really stinks that that happened. I would have brougth it back to them and had them fix it again for free or asked for money back. I mean it seems like they didn't do a very good job fixing it if that happened. I get that sometimes when there is enough weight that it will break, but I mean that stinks it happened again. Looks like you just don't have such good luck with Kindles.
danielledavidson

Return to Kindle Forum