It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Kindle Forum

Kindle

Discussions about the Amazon Kindle, comparisons, and all trash talk goes here.

Kindle

Postby ipmillar9937 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I remember i used to have a kindle, with the nice $70 leather case with the built in light. One day, i fell asleep while reading it in bed and, when i woke up, i put my hand down to sit up and i heard a crack. i immediatley new what happened. I had cracked my screen. I was pretty annoyed with myself. I sent it to amazon, and for a small fee, got it replaced. I then broke that one within afew months i don't even remember how. Then my brother gave me his old nook, and that thing's lasted for much longer.
ipmillar9937

Re: Kindle

Postby pipps1993 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 am

Wow, you seem to lots of bad luck with the kindle. I'm sorry to hear that. I have had mine for quite sometime now and it's still looks like brand new. I fall asleep in bed with mine all the time and so far, no cracks. I've even stood on it by accident. I would look a nook though. I've always been a little intrigued by them but as far as reading in the sun goes. The kindle is the winner and I do most of my reading outside in the sun.
pipps1993

Postby Livvy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Yikes, did you ever consider investing in a more study case for the thing?

Or...not falling asleep with it in bed? :P
Livvy

Postby dustysmommy2013 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't see the point of getting a Kindle. A Kindle can do all the same things my Nook does. Now that my Nook is running the Android system, I can get all the apps too. Whenever I am in the market for a new tablet (which I don't see being anytime soon), I will of course compare prices and all that jazz. Right now though, my Nook is chugging right along and serves all my needs.
dustysmommy2013

Postby Livvy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

dustysmommy2013 wrote:I don't see the point of getting a Kindle. A Kindle can do all the same things my Nook does. Now that my Nook is running the Android system, I can get all the apps too. Whenever I am in the market for a new tablet (which I don't see being anytime soon), I will of course compare prices and all that jazz. Right now though, my Nook is chugging right along and serves all my needs.

Well, that's the thing;a Nook is good if you have on, especially if it's rooted like you've done, but if you're starting out, it might end up cheaper to just get one of the newer Kindle Fires or something.
Livvy

Postby dustysmommy2013 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Livvy wrote:
dustysmommy2013 wrote:I don't see the point of getting a Kindle. A Kindle can do all the same things my Nook does. Now that my Nook is running the Android system, I can get all the apps too. Whenever I am in the market for a new tablet (which I don't see being anytime soon), I will of course compare prices and all that jazz. Right now though, my Nook is chugging right along and serves all my needs.

Well, that's the thing;a Nook is good if you have on, especially if it's rooted like you've done, but if you're starting out, it might end up cheaper to just get one of the newer Kindle Fires or something.

I am honestly not sure what you mean by rooted. I didn't use my Nook for a few months and when I pulled it back out again, it had updated with the Android system and Google play all on its own. It was certainly nothing that I had done.
dustysmommy2013

Postby Livvy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:37 pm

dustysmommy2013 wrote:
Livvy wrote:

I am honestly not sure what you mean by rooted. I didn't use my Nook for a few months and when I pulled it back out again, it had updated with the Android system and Google play all on its own. It was certainly nothing that I had done.

Oh, that's odd. For some reason I always thought that you could only install the android operating system by hand. I didn't know that it was an official update or anything
Livvy

Postby thatnewmommy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:19 am

I am so sorry that happened. I love my NookColor. She may be a little old but she is super sturdy. I've fallen asleep with her, and have had her smack my face. LOLOL But now I cosleep with a toddler so I dont do that. But that ereader has been one of the best things I've had. And the case is sturdy and wasnt that expensive. B&N all the way! LOL
Crafter, Artisan, Baker, Designer, Homeschooler, Blogger and best of all...Stay-At-Home-Mom Extraordinaire!!! ;o)
www.thatnewmommy.com
thatnewmommy

Postby danielledavidson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Wow that really stinks that that happened. I would have brougth it back to them and had them fix it again for free or asked for money back. I mean it seems like they didn't do a very good job fixing it if that happened. I get that sometimes when there is enough weight that it will break, but I mean that stinks it happened again. Looks like you just don't have such good luck with Kindles.
danielledavidson

Return to Kindle Forum